Education in India

Stanley Medical College - Stanley Medical College Chennai India

Hugely prominent and respected in the State of Tamil Nadu and other parts of the south India, is the Stanley Medical College, located in Chennai. Funded and managed by the State government of Tamil Nadu, this stanley medical college established in 1938, is one of the oldest and reputed centers in entire India in the field of medical education and treatments.

Associated with the Government Stanley Hospital, this stanley medical college chennai, is now one of the widely famous medical centers in India and south Asia, especially for its well-developed and lavish facilities in the medical disciplines of Plastic Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, Hand Rehabilitation, and Urology. Thus, stanley medical college india, has been providing internationally commended medical education, training, and medical treatment services, for a gloriously long period, to students and patients belonging to the State of Tamil Nadu and other parts of India. Considering these facts, this ever-refining stanley medical college chennai, is counted among the top 25 best medical colleges of India, by surveyors like India Today, The Week, and Outlook. Today, this stanley medical college is well-developed with necessary amenities and facilities to admit a large number of students and professionals every year for its illustrious medical courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. All its medical courses are well-recognized by the medical council of India and the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University.

The following are the most important and popular medical courses of stanley medical college chennai india:

  • MBBS
  • MD - General Medicine, Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pediatrics, Psychiatric Medicine, Anesthesiology, Dermato-veneriology, Pathology, Biochemistry, and TB & Chest Diseases.
  • MS - General Surgery, Anatomy, Ophthalmology, ENT, and Orthopedics.
  • Post-graduate Diplomas - In Gynecology & Obstetrics, Child Health, Medical Radio Diagnosis, Laryngo Otology, Anesthesiology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, and in Dermatology, Venerology, and Leprosy.
  • DM - Neurology, Cardiology, Nephrology, and Gastroenterology.
  • M. Ch - Vascular Surgery, Urology, Surgical Gastroenterology, Plastic Surgery, and Neurosurgery.

About 150 bright and diligent students are selected every year for the MBBS courses of this stanley medical college. For its high-quality medical courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, 85% of the total seats are reserved for students and professionals who reside in Tamil Nadu. The remaining 15% of the seats are filled up by students and medical professionals belonging to other parts of India (selected through the national-level medical entrance exams). The medical entrance exams at undergraduate and post-graduate levels for admissions to this stanley medical college of Chennai, are conducted by the State government of Tamil Nadu, and the central government of India (at level national). The campus of this prominent medical college of Tamil Nadu has ample amenities and facilities for boarding and lodging of both male and female students separately. Also, there are verdant trees and beautiful trim gardens well-established within its campus to refresh and entertain its ambitious students.