Medical universities are those well-established educational universities which specifically offer a variety of courses and training programs in the medical field of education and profession. Most of the big and reputed medical universities usually have their own hospitals to provide practical training to their students at diverse levels. Again, admissions to the medical courses of rendered by these medical universities are made on the basis of competitive entrance exams conducted every year.
Thus, the medical universities are highly significant and vital educational institutions for providing higher education and professional trainings to students, practitioners, and doctors, at levels undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral, belonging to native and foreign countries. In this particular article, we are providing comprehensive and hugely productive information about the medical universities in India, essentially including the best medical universities india.
One of the largest and most reputed educational infrastructures in the whole world in the medical sector, India's medical infrastructure currently (2011) has as much as 345 medical colleges and universities, duly recognized by the central regulatory authority, the Medical Council of India. These medical universities india, are established during the British rule and after the independence of India, especially during 1950s and 60s. Some of the medical colleges or medical universities of India are now internationally reputed and popular, and entice a large number of students and doctors from foreign countries worldwide, for acquiring medical studies at diverse hierarchic levels, in the desired medical disciplines. More information about the courses offered by these medical universities is given in the section below. Here, it may also be noted that some States of India are quite rich in the number of medical colleges and universities, as compared to other States of the country; these are Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, and Kerala.
Top Medical Universities in India
The superb, highly illustrious, and world-class medical degrees provided by the medical universities of India in a rather wide range of medical disciplines or areas are MBBS, BDS, MD, MS, MDS, Bsc (Nursing), BOT, BPT, BAMS, BUMS, B. Pharmacy, DNB, and many others. The areas of medical sciences and therapies sweepingly covered are general medicine, general surgery, anatomy, orthopedics, anesthesia, pediatrics, physiology, pathology, ophthalmology, radio-diagnosis, genetics, pharmacology, ENT, microbiology, biochemistry, radiotherapy, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology, and various other medical areas. These globally admired courses provided by Indian medical universities are recognized and regularly upgraded by the Medical Council of India (MCI), State Boards, Union Grants Commission (UGC) of India, the National Council for Human Resource (NCHR), and the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
At present, the following are the best medical universities of India, which are located in all across the country:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- St. John's Medical College, Bangalore
- Madras Medical College (MMC), Chennai
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Manipal University, Manipal
- University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), Delhi
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada
- King George's Medical University, Lucknow
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore
- B.J. Medical College (BJMC), Ahmedabad
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana
- Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore